Women as well as children are most frequently affected by sexual abuse. Often, sexual abuse consists of sexual intercourse at a young age. So, even if the crime does not follow the definition specifically, if sexual touching was included or exploitation, the act will be treated equally as dangerous and devastating for the youngster. You can seek advice from a sexual assault attorney concerning your situation and determine if you should be concerned with being charged in a potentially life altering sexual assault case.
Touching Sexual Offenses:
- Making a child touch a grownup’s sex-related body organs
- Penetrating a child with a penis or object (anus or vaginal canal)
Non-touching Sexual Offenses:
- Indecent exhibitionism or exposure
- Deliberately revealing a youngster to salacious indecent exposure
- Exposing a child to intercourse intentionally
- Subjecting a child to pornography of any type
- Masturbating in front of a child
Suppose you believe that you are accused of any of the following sexually based offenses involving a child:
- Sexual assault
- Sexual abuse of a minor or ward
- Purchase or sale of a child for sexual purposes
- Child molestation
- Exploitation of a child in a sexual manner
- Sexual abuse that results in death
In that case, you must obtain a sex crimes lawyer and discuss what steps you need to take to protect your civil rights. Studies have shown that the longer you wait in a sex crimes case, the harder it becomes to discover the proof required for your case.
While sexual abuse can occur across any ages, molestation is limited to children. Therefore, child molestation occurs when a youngster is obligated to:
- Be touched in an unacceptable fashion
- Perform oral sex
- See an adult masturbate
Children are incredibly impacted by molestation. As a parent, it is crucial to know a child’s actions and notice even the smallest modifications. If your child tells you concerning their brand-new grown-up good friend, you need to act. But you should continue to be vigilant with all adults in a child’s life, specifically the ones in power position (loved ones, family members, school personnel). It is much less most likely for children to report the adults if they are familiar with them.
Accused of Sexual Abuse or Child Molestation Means Call Us
For more information about defending against child molestation or sexual abuse, you can get in touch with a criminal defense lawyer for a free consultation of your specific criminal questions regarding child molestation and sexual abuse charges. We are here and ready to help, just call 317-602-5970.